1. Instructor Obligations
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, and announcements (“Submitted Content“).
You represent and warrant that:
- You will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- Your submitted content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- You have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your submitted content and use of the services; and
- You will respond promptly to students and ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You warrant that you will NOT:
- Post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libellous content or information;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the services or to any user;
- Use the services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- Engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- Frame or embed the services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the services;
- Impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- Interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses; or
- Abuse IGrow Academy resources, including support services.
2. License to IGrow Academy
Unless otherwise agreed, you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Submitted Content from the Services at any time. Except as otherwise agreed, IGrow Academy’s right to sublicense the rights in this section will terminate with respect to new users 60 days after the Submitted Content’s removal. However, (1) rights given to students before the Submitted Content’s removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses (including any grants of lifetime access) and (2) IGrow Academy’s right to use such Submitted Content for marketing purposes shall survive termination.
We may record all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant IGrow Academy permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or IGrow Academy’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
3. Trust & Safety
You agree to abide by IGrow Academy’s Trust & Safety Policy, Restricted Topics Policy, and other course quality standards or policies prescribed by IGrow Academy from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to IGrow Academy’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove courses, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- A course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- An instructor engages in behaviour that might reflect unfavourably on IGrow Academy or bring IGrow Academy into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- An instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates IGrow Academy’s policies; or
- As determined by IGrow Academy in its sole discretion.
3.2 Co-Instructors and Teaching Assistants
The IGrow Academy platform allows you to add other users as co-instructors or teaching assistants for courses that you manage. By adding a co-instructor or teaching assistant, you understand that you are authorizing them to take certain actions that affect your IGrow Academy account and courses. IGrow Academy is not able to advise on any questions or mediate any disputes between you and such users.
3.3 Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you’ll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the IGrow Academy platform, and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside the IGrow Academy platform. You will indemnify IGrow Academy against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
4.1 Price Setting
When creating a course, you can choose any amount, preferably at market price. Alternatively, you may choose to offer your course for free.
4.2 Transaction Taxes
If a student purchases a product or service in a country that requires IGrow Academy to remit national, state, or local sales or use taxes, value added taxes (VAT), or other similar transaction taxes (“Transaction Taxes“), under applicable law, we will collect and remit those Transaction Taxes to the competent tax authorities for those sales. We may increase the sale price at our discretion where we determine that such taxes may be due.
5.1 Revenue Share
When a student purchases your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by IGrow Academy from the student (“Gross Amount“). From this, we subtract any Transaction Taxes, giving the net amount of the sale (“Net Amount“).
Your revenue share will be 50% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as student refunds. If we change this payment rate, we will provide you 30 days notice using prominent means, such as via email or by posting a notice through our Services.
IGrow Academy makes all instructor payments in South African Rands (ZAR) regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. We will assume transaction processing fees, excluding foreign currency conversion fees and wiring fees. Your revenue report will show the sales price (in local currency) and your converted revenue amount (in ZAR).
5.2 Receiving Payments
We will make payments to your banking account. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
Payment will be made within 45 days of the end of the month in which we receive the fee for a course.
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor’s courses.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our logo where we authorize you to do so.
- Only use the images of our logos that we make available to you, as detailed in any guidelines we may publish;
- Only use our logos in connection with the promotion and sale of your IGrow Academy courses or your participation on IGrow Academy; and
- Immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our logos in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our logos in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your courses or services; or
- use our logos in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
7. Sanctions and Export Laws
You warrant that you aren’t restricted from using the Services under U.S. sanctions or export laws (as an individual or as an officer, director, or controlling shareholder of any entity on whose behalf you use the Services). If you become subject to such a restriction while you are subject to these Instructor Terms, you will notify IGrow Academy within 24 hours, and we will have the right to terminate any further obligations to you, effective immediately and with no further liability to you (but without prejudice to your outstanding obligations to IGrow Academy).
You will not use the Services to conduct or facilitate any transaction with any other individual or entity subject to such a restriction.
You may not remove, export, or allow the export or re-export of the Services (or any product thereof, including technical data) outside the U.S. in violation of any restrictions, laws, or regulations of the U.S. or any other applicable country.
To delete your instructor account, you are required to email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Delete My Account.
We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your courses, your name and that Submitted Content will remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted.
9. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
9.1 Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and IGrow Academy reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
Any version of these Terms in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
9.3 Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms: Sections 2 (License to IGrow Academy), 3.3 (Relationship to Other Users), 5.2 (Receiving Payments), 5.3 (Refunds), 8 (Deleting Your Account), and 9 (Miscellaneous Legal Terms).
10. How to Contact Us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact our Support Team. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.